Complete France Forum

Newhaven-Le Havre service goes live

Will

LD Lines has now formally confirmed that it will operate a daily service between Le Havre and Newhaven starting 1 May 2007. 
It will sail from Newhaven every day until 30 September at 12.30pm, arriving at Le Havre at 18.30 local time. The return service will depart from Le Havre at 20.00 and will arrive at Newhaven at midnight.

The ship which will operate the service is M/V Seven Sisters, the newer of the two ships currently running to Dieppe with Transmanche.

Online booking will be available from 26 January from web site www.ldlines.com

It's interesting to note that there is no detail  yet of the Newhaven-Dieppe service on the L.D. website .As far as I understood,with the Seven sisters operating out of le Havre, the new schedule from Newhaven to Dieppe must therefore be in place and equally active for the Cote D'Albatre..On a tangental note yesterday I booked  with Transmanche Ferries for February and was amazed that they had finally found me on their database.Not only that but  did  I know that I had three accounts ?and was also due 37 Euros reward points?They did say it was probably best to cash them in on a journey before before May.

'use 'em or lose 'em 'I. say.

It's not on the LD Lines web site yet because it is going live on 26 January (i.e. tomorrow). If you have Transmanche points or promotions then it  will be a good idea to use them up before the new service begins under the new operator. LD Lines has published (somewhere) a timetable for the Newhaven-Dieppe service under its control, i.e. from May. Cote d'Albatre will do two Dieppe return trips per day, Seven Sisters one to Dieppe and one to Le Havre.

Archived