Complete France Forum

Link showing SNCF railway stations in northern France ?

Loiseau

I am sure one of you train-buffs out there must know the answer to this one...

I'd like to be able to check which railway stations on my Michelin road map of the Nord/Pas de Calais/Picardie actually have train services going to them.  Is there a website somewhere with a diagram of which ones are open?

So far I have been limping through on the SNCF site putting in journey by journey: Amiens to...?  Arras to ...?, but I feel there has to be a more efficient way.  [8-)]

Angela

Angela ..............

The correct term is 'gricer' rather than 'train-buff'.

I've got a map of (supposedly) active SNCF stations, so if you tell me where you want to get to (end point), I'll marry up that map with the Michelin and  ........

There may not be train till next Pancake Tuesday of course, but why hurry?

"Gricer"  Apparently two of these chaps - fully clothed in anoraks, plastic waterproof trousers, bottle-bottom specs and with notebooks in hand and Zenith E's slung over their shoulders, were up in the Scottish hills one day, trying to photograph their favorite steam engine from an unusual view point.  All of a sudden, a pair of black grouse flew up from the heather.  "Oh look," said one, "Grice."  And so they have been named ever since.

They are also alternatively known as DAA's which stands for Daft As A***holes!

Thanks for the link, Houblon.  Funnily enough, I had plodded through that site before posting the question, but the map takes so long to appear that I must have thought the link to it wasn't working.  This time I hung on waiting a bit longer, and, as you say, all was revealed.

Gardian has also very kindly looked up the stations for me, and come to the same conclusions.

[:D]

Angela

Yes, one year above I think.  Don't remember it, but then I can hardly remember what happened yesterday, let alone 40+ yrs ago!!

Come to think of it, at lunchtimes I frequented the 'card school' at the local house of one of my pals. Perhaps that's why I 'blew' my A levels. 

Archived