Complete France Forum

I've been Knighted

Gardian

We've had to make arrangements to return to the UK (for a funeral, sadly) and so I got stuck in to the options.

Usual Ryanair wasn't 'on' (too much kit, etc), so preferred choice was TGV / Eurostar, Avignon - Waterloo.  Settled down to the normal 1hr+ fight with the SNCF website for a reasonable combination of timing / price.  Gave up after being told that neither 'London', nor 'Londres', nor 'London Waterloo International' exist as a destination. (You have to specify 'London Waterloo Int', or it won't work!!!)

Anyway, in a fit of late-night Meldrew, I wacked off a snottogram to their 'Contact Us' icon.

Ever since, I've been having an extremely cordial discussion with someone in their Support Centre who insists on addressing me as 'Sir Ian'. I can't help feeling that it suits me somehow and am thinking of adopting this title when picking up our bread from the local boulangerie in the mornings.

By the way, no real answer to their website problems - they say that there's a bug, but it's really down to a slow and cumbersome site: they'll never really compete until they look at what the l-c airlines are doing (and have been doing for years).  I doubt that they care.  We're driving back.

Sir Ian     

[quote user="Gardian"]

We've had to make arrangements to return to the UK (for a funeral, sadly) and so I got stuck in to the options.

Usual Ryanair wasn't 'on' (too much kit, etc), so preferred choice was TGV / Eurostar, Avignon - Waterloo.  Settled down to the normal 1hr+ fight with the SNCF website for a reasonable combination of timing / price.  Gave up after being told that neither 'London', nor 'Londres', nor 'London Waterloo International' exist as a destination. (You have to specify 'London Waterloo Int', or it won't work!!!)

Anyway, in a fit of late-night Meldrew, I wacked off a snottogram to their 'Contact Us' icon.

Ever since, I've been having an extremely cordial discussion with someone in their Support Centre who insists on addressing me as 'Sir Ian'. I can't help feeling that it suits me somehow and am thinking of adopting this title when picking up our bread from the local boulangerie in the mornings.

By the way, no real answer to their website problems - they say that there's a bug, but it's really down to a slow and cumbersome site: they'll never really compete until they look at what the l-c airlines are doing (and have been doing for years).  I doubt that they care.  We're driving back.

Sir Ian     

[/quote]

Sir Ian and lady ?

PS. Dont wear the "shining armour" when cruising in the Morris Minor

Archived