Complete France Forum

Child's passport expires soon - can travel?

Suze01

My daughter's passport expires on the 19 July.  We want to travel to the UK for the weekend on the 18 May.  Is this possible?  I've tried Googling the info with no luck and the passport information lines aren't dialable from France.

Does anyone know the info I need or have a phone number or website with the info on?

Nah, it is allright. The time rules apply to countries that need visas (to guarantee that you have the time to get back at the end of the visa).

That said, you have plenty of time to renew. The "new" agency that deals ith passports is on +44 20 70354848 - it is the "Home Office Indentity and Passport Service", although I gather that the HO will no longer accept applications from overseas residents. You would need to contact the Consulate in Paris.

Assuming, of course that your Daughter is British .....

I may well be wrong but did I once read somewhere that, within the EU, an out of date passport is still acceptable as it still provides proof of who you are - i.e. you will always be Joe Bloggs irrespective of the date on the passport.

Archived