Complete France Forum

Filling up near Le Havre?

cameol

It's a bit difficult to help you with the information given in your post. [:D]

By gaz do you mean diesel or petrol? Also the A28 doesn't go to Le Havre.

In the past when I've travelled to Le Havre via Rennes and used the A29 to cross the Pont de Normandie I've left the motorway at junction 3 just before the bridge and headed towards Honfleur.

About 1 km down that road there is a Leclerc supermarket with a filling station on site. Whether it has a 24hr pump I don't know but most of them do seem to have one these days.

If, on the other hand you are travelling on the A28 to join the A13 going westwards and then using the Pont de Tancarville (the "old" bridge) then I can't help other than to suggest you Google the major supermarket sites and look for one close to the route you are taking.

I kind of assumed that our o/p did not have a French debit card.  If that's the case, then the site won't be very useful as supermarket pumps wouldn't be available to him/her.  However, what usually works, if you're stuck in this position, is to offer a local a some cash, in exchange for them using their card on your behalf.  I also expect it's diesel they're after as sans plombe isn't really worth buying here as you don't save much - if anything.

Thought I'd better clarify a few points...we do live in France ,have a French debit card and will be filling up with diesel.

We will be travelling from Western France via the A28 but leave it to join the road to Le Havre (sorry Hubbie still asleep, he does routes so I'm a bit vaque!)..we need to fill up as near to Le Havre as poss hoping not to 'leave' the main route too much bearing in mind it appears that 8th May is a public holiday...

Hope that helps

Thanks in advance for all info

C

Actually I did not realise when I posted that if you click on one of the service stations named on the link I gave in my post

http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/   (I just input Le Havre and ticked gazeole)

then details of the service station appear underneath the list ie address, opening times and, on some of them, exactly what they sell.

eg

ESSO PORTE OCEANE

Adresse :

8 RUE BERANGER

76600 LE HAVRE

Horaires :

Ouvert 24h/24

Sue

[quote user="Spg"]

[quote user="cooperlola"]I kind of assumed that our o/p did not have a French debit card. [/quote]

... but underneath his name Cameol says he lives in western France, so I assumed he would have a French debit card.

Sue

[/quote]Doh!  True, Sue. [:$]  Hopefully your useful link has provided the answer.  Good site, that, thanks.

Archived