Complete France Forum

Brittany Ferries 2008 fares seem to have come down quite a bit

graham

I have just been looking to make several bookings for next year and some of the quotes from Brittany Ferries are a fair bit lower than last years prices for the same sailings. The state lower prices on the web site and it appears top be true. there were just a couple of peak sailings that I expected not to have dropped.

I'm still hoping they.BF. will give us the same perks offered to UK trippers. They are again advertising the cheap day trips.£45 for 2 people + car 24hrs in France. I just wish they would give us on this side a cheap day trip. In general I don't find the fares too bad out of season .

Regards.

Yes, the prices do seem more reasonable ...... except for the 150% increase in the price for taking a pet from UK for France. We have been paying £10 for the one way trip. This has been increased to £25. There is no special service provided for this fee although I recognise that there are hidden overheads.

I wish that LD would increase their ferry service out of Portsmouth and improve their accommodation. We already use them for the return trips but there is never a cabin available when we want to travel for the outward leg.

Alistair

Archived