Complete France Forum

France...Motorhome hire...superb experience!!

argonaut

This is my first attempt at a 'forum' entry....anywhere!

We have just returned to the UK from a superb holiday touring the SW of France, Spain and Italy with a rented motorhome supplied by Evolution Motorhomes, an English family run business, based between Bordeaux and Bergerac, using new vehicles. The object of the holiday was to confirm as to whether we were on the 'right-track' with our decision to purchase a second property in France rather than Spain....the answer was a YES!.

Right from our initial enquiry they were extremely helpful and friendly, even to the point of meeting us in 'Arrivals' at Bordeaux Airport on a Sunday morning and introducing us to the extremely clean vehicle and its fridge with wine, cheese etc already installed at no extra charge!!!.

With the supplied TomTom already set up to guide us to our first overnight stop near Duras (dept 47), at La Cabri camp site (we recommend to all!) we were able to enjoy our journey and appreciate the vehicle, vineyards and villages.

Whilst we may not need the services of 'Evolution' in the very near future, we would certainly advise friends and anyone else wanting a good independant holiday or those intending purchasing a property to check out their services. It gives you the opportunity to sample several areas and decide exactly where you want to be. They have even made sure the vehicles can be used all year with a very efficient heating system ( we needed this on our last night as the outside temp 'dropped' to 6c!)

Simply type 'evolution motorhomes' into Google.

Pass the word around to your friends and relatives who may want to try before they buy!.

We will be monitoring this forum for helpful hints to ease our intended purchase.

Certainly not advertising!!!!!!!!!!

Simply telling the truth.....thought that might help others....

How come it is acceptable to moan about 'cowboy' expats...but not to applaud people doing a good job?

If we followed your theory...maybe 'Graham' is advertising Brittany Ferries elsewhere on this forum?

I for one found your entry interesting and informative.  It particularly struck a chord with me as I had been thinking about a motorhome mini trip and was just getting round to realising I didn't know where to start.  Thanks for sharing a positive experience and don't be put off if you have any others to share.

[quote user="argonaut"]

This is my first attempt at a 'forum' entry....anywhere!

We have just returned to the UK from a superb holiday touring the SW of France, Spain and Italy with a rented motorhome supplied by Evolution Motorhomes, an English family run business, based between Bordeaux and Bergerac, using new vehicles. The object of the holiday was to confirm as to whether we were on the 'right-track' with our decision to purchase a second property in France rather than Spain....the answer was a YES!.

Right from our initial enquiry they were extremely helpful and friendly, even to the point of meeting us in 'Arrivals' at Bordeaux Airport on a Sunday morning and introducing us to the extremely clean vehicle and its fridge with wine, cheese etc already installed at no extra charge!!!.

With the supplied TomTom already set up to guide us to our first overnight stop near Duras (dept 47), at La Cabri camp site (we recommend to all!) we were able to enjoy our journey and appreciate the vehicle, vineyards and villages.

Whilst we may not need the services of 'Evolution' in the very near future, we would certainly advise friends and anyone else wanting a good independant holiday or those intending purchasing a property to check out their services. It gives you the opportunity to sample several areas and decide exactly where you want to be. They have even made sure the vehicles can be used all year with a very efficient heating system ( we needed this on our last night as the outside temp 'dropped' to 6c!)

Simply type 'evolution motorhomes' into Google.

Pass the word around to your friends and relatives who may want to try before they buy!.

We will be monitoring this forum for helpful hints to ease our intended purchase.

[/quote]

You didn,t tell us why you preferred France! Was that because it was more important to tell us about the hire company?

[quote user="argonaut"]

Bit of a 'baptism of fire' for my first entry here!

[/quote]

Don't take it too seriously 'argonaut', I'm sure you had a wonderful experience in your evolution motorhome. We, ourselves spent many years touring around France, but never in a evolution motorhome. We met many campers over the years and you've got me wondering now, how many of them were in evolution motorhomes. From what you have said I guess evolution motorhomes are doing very well. I notice that  evolution motorhomes have a lot of happy customers so it looks like evolution motorhomes is the place to go.

just incase anyone misunderstands this. Its a joke!!

1. Some of reasons we chose France...to answer the cynical ones....
  2. In some of the most beautiful countryside we have travelled through it is still possible to live outside an ex-pat 'clique compound' of straw hats and ankle socks / sandles. (obviously plenty of those, if that floats yer boat !)
  3. Wherever we stayed in France, we were always welcomed and if you are willing to try out your language skills (basic!) you seem to be encouraged and politely corrected in your vocab!.
  4. As for Spain...see the above.....and think of the direct opposite !
  5. French website forums are inhabited by thoroughly lovely people who appreciate being advised of a good service and have better things to be doing than 'shooting the messenger'.
  6. Our relatives have lived happily there (near Millau, not even close to the motorhome company base, before you lot find a loophole to tug on!) for many years and would not contemplate living anywhere else.
  7. Our son is learning to fly and the French Government are encouraging this with a program of rebates for young pilots on their way to achieving a licence, as well as much lower hourly rates for tuition.
  8. Even in August / Sept we could park for free near lovely locations, have a meal for 10 - 15 euros per head incl. wine and shop without a 'rip-off' mentality.

Plenty more, but I have to go to work now (in the UK!)

[quote user="argonaut"]

1. French website forums are inhabited by thoroughly lovely people who appreciate being advised of a good service and have better things to be doing than 'shooting the messenger'.

[/quote]

Those 'thoroughly lovely people' will be the ones who didn't challenge your original post, me thinks.............

Condescending clap-trap.

Bugbear

I love the graphics you have produced; laughed my socks off.

Argonaut

Yes, you keep defending your corner against all comers.  They're just testing you and having a bit of a dig for fun.  No harm in most of them, really!

Now guys, don't turn round and shoot me instead, OK?  I'm only trying to keep the peace here; feel like I should have on my blue beret like the UN Peace Keeping troops! 

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Now guys, don't turn round and shoot me instead, OK?  I'm only trying to keep the peace here; feel like I should have on my blue beret like the UN Peace Keeping troops! 

[/quote]

You can borrow my moderator's tin helmet if you like sweet 17, but it's a bit dented [Www]

Argonaut

OF COURSE you meant it tongue in cheek.  Some of the replies are also meant to be in the same spirit.  I just hope you don't get put off posting because of some minor misunderstanding.

Stay the course for a bit and you'll soon get the "feel" of the forum community.  In the meantime, I hope you carry on your search for the golden fleece (well, yes, in your motorhome, if needs be!)

You are clearly very well able to defend your own position and these small differences of opinion add variety and spice to forum life.

Archived