Complete France Forum

Transporting a compact tractor to France.

dave21478

Hi,

I need a compact tractor transported to France. (2.5m long, 1m wide, 1.3m high, weighs 700kgs) From Aberdeen to southern France - Toulouse or anywhere Midi-Pyrenees really.

I have asked for quotes from a few shipping companies and they are "going to get back to me" with a price.

Does anyone have any experience of this? My Towcar and trailer is already in France so to use that I would need to drive it up and drive back. A long trip and costing probably £500-600 all in including fuel, ferry (rosyth to zeebrugge) etc.

Given a bit of time, I could probably find an old transit van or similar for sale in UK for a couple of hundred pounds that would carry it, then drive down, so total costs (assuming the van had enough mot and tax to do the trip) would be similar. The van would then be sold for spares/scrap in france.

Any other alternatives? Selling it here and buying one down there isnt viable. I have this one which up here isnt worth a huge amount to the uk buyers, but to buy a similar spec one in france will cost at least 2-3k euros.

Where would I look to find someone heading south with a part-load in a truck that could take it for me?

Thanks,

Dave.

Archived