Complete France Forum

SNCF Reimboursement

Lollie

Their website implies that you do get a refund plus if you have a ticket for a specific train (grandes lignes only) which then doesnt run you can use the ticket on any train to the same destination that day. Sounds obvious but better to state it!

I am keeping fingers crossed for my journey back to UK on Thursday. Eurostar is OK but getting to Paris might be more difficult. There is a big meeting on Wednesday which rumour has it might go some way to resolving at least part of the problem with Thursday looking a better day.

The SNCF website also allows you to input the train number or date/time and destination to tell you if your train is running.

I had to drive to Paris and therefore didnt use either of my tickets to/from Paris. I tried to get reimbursed online but it didnt work.

Lollie - Did you have to get your refund at the station? I am 25 miles from the station so would need a special journey and would cost me half of my reclaimed fare anyway!

if your train arrives very late, they hand out envelopes on the platform as you arrive. You have to fill in the enclosed form and enclose your tickets, booking confirmation and a "bulletin de retard" available at the station.

The ex-out-laws train broke down and was 2 hours late on Friday, so I don't know if it works yet!

Archived