Complete France Forum

foot and mouth

Paulal

hi

just planning our first trip over to france this year, next week,

does anyone know if the ban oning bring meat and dairy into France, which was in place when we were over lasti n Nov 07 is still in place?

we were told at the docks last year we couldnt take anything connected with meat and dairy into france as it would be confiscated.

we wont be arriving until late at night and everywhere will be closed, so we wanted to bring something to eat with us until we can hit the shops the next morning

any help would be gratefully received

thanks

Paula

Well the signs are still in place at the ports/airports but I (and no-one I know) has ever been asked about meat and dairy since at least December, when they were going a little crazy and even forbidding chocolate.

Couldn't possibly advise you to chance it but what's the worst that could happen? They take the stuff off you.  (and if they do, spit on it before handing it over [6] )

Hi. According to Defra the ban was lifted on 14/12/07.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/2007/071214c.htm

We have had no trouble bringing in dairy products (and chocolate) since then! In fact i was stopped last month when leaving UK for France for the routine checks and no one asked about dairy etc (only explosives and knives!) despite customs guy seeing that the car was full of easter eggs!![:D] Joy

Archived