Complete France Forum

fuel shortages Normandy areas

We live in the Vendee and whilst we are allegedly due to go back to the UK on Monday night from Caen and I have a full tank of diesel which will probably get me to Caen is the situation as to fuel shortages any different please say in the Normandie Region in that it is somewhat difficult down here.

I would be grateful for any advice.

I'm making the opposite journey in a couple of weeks. UK/Dieppe/Le Mans/Tours, so I will be interested in the replies you get about the French side.

As I am sure you are aware (but just in case you aren't) there are no shortages in the UK - just very high prices!

There are some people in the world at this time who are getting very, very, rich courtesy of the rest of us and all these price hikes are based purely on rumours and double-dealing!

hi

We, in countries such as France and the Uk (more so in the UK) are in for a rough ride with regard to prices.  We need to get used to higher prices for such things as fuel.  If people are struggling now, look for other additional ways to make money.  Sorry if it sounds gloomy, best to think like that and plan for hard times rather than do nothing and face big problems. 

Archived