Complete France Forum

Rest areas on N137/E03

Can someone tell me if there are any good picnic/rest 'Aires', not service areas, on route from St Malo to Rennes, I know of one called Montmuran but it is on the return trip!

I have looked at all the maps I have and I can't seem to find one and I know they should be every so many miles. 

How about having breakfast in St Malo, it's just 5mins from the ferry, turn toward intra muros, and generally keep right, park,  go through the gate at the Porte St Vincent and there is a good place on the right, opposite. ( It's in the same area as the Hotel Univers) You are near the harbour and sea so plenty of leg stretching potential.

[quote user="cassis"]In that case try this website and let us know how you get on.  It lists aires de repos by autoroute (but not "N" roads - damn that Reine Anne de Bretagne).http://saratlas.free.fr/index.php?page=autoroute&route=A62&lang=fr
I suspect that on your N road there will be areas to pull in but you won't find them listed.[/quote]

Thanks a good little site, Maybe we can wait till we get on the A83.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

How about having breakfast in St Malo, it's just 5mins from the ferry, turn toward intra muros, and generally keep right, park,  go through the gate at the Porte St Vincent and there is a good place on the right, opposite. ( It's in the same area as the Hotel Univers) You are near the harbour and sea so plenty of leg stretching potential. [/quote]

We'd love to, sounds great but its 7.30pm (evening) and its not my legs that need stretching its my horse!

Thank you both

Archived