Complete France Forum

canceling a flight

Belle

I have been trying to find on the ryanair web-site somewhere that lets you cancel a flight, does anyone know how this is done, I am not able to go back to the uk now, I have also been trying to ring them, if all else fails, it will be a case of just not turning up on the day, I'm a bit worried about doing this, has anyone been in this situation.

Frankly I'd be very disinclined to waste time or money on phone calls chasing a refund..

Whilst strictly speaking you are entitled to your taxes back if you cancel a booking both RA and Easyjet make it very difficult to make a claim and even then, even if do you manage to, you can find that their refund fees pretty well equal what what you stand to get back.

Personally I think I'd either forget it or perhaps look at changing the booking for another time when I wanted to travel, it would depend on how much I'd paid already as a change incurs both a fee plus the difference in the flight price.

Anyone here ever got a refund I wonder ?

PS: I wouldn't worry about not turning up, RA will be very happy to have had your money but saved an egg cup full of fuel by flying back with a few kg less weight [kiss]

Thanks for the replys, It wasn't a refund that came to mind, because the flight only cost 9.99 Euros return, it was just that I wondered if I didn't turn up on the day, that they would fine me or something, but if you all think not turning up is ok, then that's what I will do, don't want to be black listed, or anything dramatic.

Just as Ernie said, I have missed a few RA flights due to circumstances beyond my control and just wrote off the fare and taxes to bad luck and never heard a thing.   The only time they are concerned is if you have checked in (at the airport, not on line) then don't show up at the gate.  That's a pain for everyone while they find/unload the missing persons bag.

No need to worry about anything like that Belle though please nobody mention the idea of fining no shows to Mr O'Leary [:-))]

You may possibly be thinking of some other airlines and I think some ferry operators who may refuse you use of the return half of a ticket if you haven't used the outward bound part. BA used to do this on the Heathrow - Aberdeen route although that was some time ago and has probably changed now.

For Ryanair you are their ideal passenger, one who pays but doesn't fly [;-)]

Archived