Complete France Forum

Just had to pay twice!! Brittany ferries

ChezShells

Anyone have any problems with Brittany Ferries?

Booked a few week ago via aferry.to and on our return had to pay the whole lot again due to them having issues with aferry.to or they wasn't letting us on the ship.

I cannot get any contact with those we booked with to see about a refund (not likely!)

Anyone else had similar problems, how do we get in contact with The online travel group (aferry.to)

Cheers

I thlink its a botch at Brittany Ferries. I sent aferry.to an email asking why they were still taking booking if Brittany Ferries were turning away people who had booked with them . I also provided a link to this thread.

I have just receive this reply.

Dear Mr BJSLIV,

Thank you for your email.

The Travel Gateway which operates the website www.aferry.to has no
connection with the company to which you are referring in this email,
the Online Travel Group.

Our company the Travel Gateway has and continues to have good
relationships with all the major ferry operators in Europe and our
customers are not being affected in this way.

I trust this has addressed any concerns you have in this matter.

Kind Regards,
Claire B
Support Services

[quote user="BJSLIV"]

I thlink its a botch at Brittany Ferries. I sent aferry.to an email asking why they were still taking booking if Brittany Ferries were turning away people who had booked with them . I also provided a link to this thread.

Dear Mr BJSLIV,

the Online Travel Group.

Kind Regards,
Claire B
Support Services

[/quote]

No connection?
Aferry.to sent us confirmation stating thank you for booking with the online travel group!

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="ChezShells"]No connection? Aferry.to sent us confirmation stating thank you for booking with the online travel group![/quote]
But not the Online Travel group...

http://www.thetravelgateway.com/

http://www.onlinetravelgroup.co.uk/portfolio.html
[/quote]

sorry, not with you

I booked with Aferry.to, and have been told (by Brittany Ferries) to get in touch with the online travel group

So, who has no conection with who?

Well, here's a little text from my confirmation email -

If you need to change any of your booking details
please email mailto:
admin@onlinetravelgroup.co.uk or call +44 (0)870 428 8734
Monday to Sunday 0800 to 2000
Please make sure you have your booking reference number ready,
and one of our representatives will be pleased to help you.
NOTE: There will be a  £25.00 minimum charge for all amendments/cancellations made, where they are allowed in the terms and conditions of the services purchased, in addition to any charges by the operator.
To request an amendment to this booking, please click
http://www.aferry.to/HelpAndInfo/bookingamendments.asp
To request this booking to be cancelled, please click http://www.aferry.to/HelpAndInfo/cancellations.asp

[8-)]

[quote user="BJSLIV"]

Dear Mr BJSLIV,

the Online Travel Group.

Kind Regards,
Claire B
Support Services

[/quote]

Do you have Aferry.to's contact email address Please?

I think you may have used a different website.

Perhaps you have used Aferry.to in the past, but happened across a different site with a cheaper pricethis time . Bad Luck!

The O870 number your quote is certainly part of Online Travel , just checked via say no to 0870. AFerry.to is a completely different company.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]

I think you may have used a different website.

Perhaps you have used Aferry.to in the past, but happened across a different site with a cheaper pricethis time . Bad Luck!

The O870 number your quote is certainly part of Online Travel , just checked via say no to 0870. AFerry.to is a completely different company.

[/quote]

So how did I get an email from mail @ aferry.to quoting onlinetravelgroup.co.uk?

I'm wondering whether you actually booked through Cheap4ferries.com (part of Online Travel) acting as an inter intermediary. Subsequently they actually made your booking with Aferry.to but never paid their bills.

Cheap4ferries is still there but you can't make booking, whereas Aferry.to is still fully functioning.

Its a bit strange that in the confirmation you received they route alterations through an Onlinetravel domain, whereas amendments go direct to a different domain which is Aferry.to.

As far as I am aware, Online Travel Group and The Travel Gateway are not connected. Neither has any connection with Brittany Ferries other than taking bookings, just like any travel agent.

The Travel Gateway - which runs the various aferry.to sites - is connected with other ferry operations, however. It is part of the 2Morrow Group (Chairman Chris Howe-Davies, CEO James Howe-Davies) which, through its various member companies, runs LD Lines' and Transmanche's booking operations (among others), has a controlling interest in HD Ferries, and looks after LD Lines' Portsmouth shoreside operations.

You can contact aferry.to at http://www.thetravelgateway.com/AFRYcontactus.asp

If you look at this (now rather outdated) 2Morrow Group brochure http://www.entee.co.uk/aboutus/pdfs/2morrowBrochure-web.pdf you will see that the LCT Support Services subsidiary provides (provided?) the internet-based reservation system for Online Travel Group, among several other organisations.

Hi ChezShells

The Travel Gateway & Entee global services used to provide the online travel group with it's core booking platform, however they are completely seperate companies. If you recieved a booking confirmation email from the Online travel group you may have noticed that AFerry.to is mentioned on the email due to them providing the booking technology. The Online travel group used to deal directly with the operators with no involvement from Aferry.to.

As Clair mentioned; The Travel Gateway continues to operate www.aferry.to and other key ferry booking sites, and it maintains a solid relationship with all it's European ferry partners including Brittany Ferries.

This is turning into a knowledge competition, Im not interested whos linked with who

I just wanted to know if anyone else was in the same situation and what had they done about it

as it happens I have had another email from Aferry.to this morning supplying all info I need to claim my money back

And www.ldlines.com provide a better service in my experience

[quote user="ChezShells"]

Im not interested whos linked with who

[/quote]

It was you who started it.

[quote user="ChezShells"]

as it happens I have had another email from Aferry.to this morning supplying all info I need to claim my money back

And www.ldlines.com provide a better service in my experience

[/quote]

Glad you are likely to get it sorted out.

My own experience is that Brittany Ferries provides a far superior service - and food. LD Lines provides a perfectly good ferry service too, I have used it many times. But we are all entitled to our own opinions.

As you seem to have a problem with aferry.to I'm not too sure why you still favour LD Lines so strongly.

Archived