Complete France Forum

hotels in Dreux

newbiee

I used to travel regularly through Orlean, Chartres, Dreux, etc  en route to the ports, so know there are loads of hotels on the way

I want to stop the night in Dreux at a BB hotel on the way to the UK - I think the hotels are on a roundabout near a Macdonalds on the main route through ...ie, can't miss them!!!  Can anybody confirm please, as I don't want to have to drive around looking for it in the middle of the night. 

(I think the hotels in Chartres are also on a roundabout near a Macdonalds too - I want to make sure I'm not getting them confused!)

Thanks

Presumably you are on the N12 heading towards Paris. At the point where you are directed from this road towards Chartres you should be able to see a Macdonalds sign on a pole on the other side of the road. The slip road leads to a roundabout. Go around this and you will see Macdonalds in front of you. Tourist hotels (eg Formule 1) are signposted at the next roundabout.

If you miss this turning carry on along the N12 and follow signs to Centre Ville. You will come to a Premiere Classe (ugh!) among others. Again, there is adequate signposting.

EDIT

Sorry - you are going the other way. From Chartres follow the signs to Evreux and you will come to the Macdonalds roundabout. But if it is the B&B you want it isn't near Macdonalds.

Archived