Complete France Forum

New road between Rouen and Chartres - or is it after

PaulT

Do you mean the Boulay Mivoye bypass just after Chartres? Looked close in October, but not sure if it's fully open yet.

Has anyone seen the no to the autoroute signs along the A154? Don't know if it's just about that and the Ymonville bypass or maybe bigger things.

[quote user="mattjazz"]

Unfortunately, Tom Tom has been reporting the road open since April so Via Michelin will no doubt be the same, however, http://saratlas.free.fr/index.php?lang=fr (which is a very useful road mapping site) shows it open and this is usually very accurate.

I shall no doubt be proven incorrect now when I travel down on the 21st!

[/quote]

Thanks Mattjazz. I shall be travelling down on the 12th (tomorrow if you are reading this today [:D]) and coming back on the 21st - I will give you a wave as we pass

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it was between Rouen and Chartres.

When we went down on the 12th it was open but only one lane each way and a 70 limit - so no real different to before.

Coming back yesterday (21st) it was fully open with a 110 limit - which was very nice. Now if only they would dual carriageway the rest of the single route between Rouen and the A10. Think I'll ask Santa

Paul

Archived