Complete France Forum

Strike tomorrow

savoirflair

Hi, we are currently booked overnight tonight on Britanny Ferries Portsmouth-Caen, planning to drive down in one day on Thursday to the Languedoc.

Having just seen in the news about the strike tomorrow, we are worried that we will have problems getting fuel.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether the motorway services would be affected?  (the news says that supermarkets, and presumably their petrol stations will be closed).

We are thinking maybe we should try and switch to a day later if possible - but then there might be problems with the ferry crossing!

Amanda

Sorry to hijack this thread but have just been told by Brittany ferries to allow more time to arrive at Caen tomorrow morning (I'm crossing at 08.00). I asked her to be more specific about perceived problems, but she wouldn't be drawn. I'm travelling with an aged P from about 90 minutes away and am now very concerned about disruption. Can anyone give me any advice?

Probably not a bad idea to fill up immediately before you get on the ferry.....  I just filled up at our local Intermarche fuel station as we plan a long journey tomorrow, & the girl there said they would be as normal - but it's probably very much a local decision?  I am more concerned to find out if there are plans to shut/block access to the autoroutes but can't find anything so far.

Archived