Complete France Forum

Ryanair Stansted/Rodez/Stansted

Iceni

Friends are planning a Spring visit so I have looked at the Ryanair 2009 "summer" schedules for the first time and see that Michael's cutback knife has been at work.

Summer 2008 - daily flight

Winter 2008/2009 - no flights

Summer 2009 - 4 days per week

The prices on offer for mid/end April seem to be a mix of GBP/EUR 10 with no taxes and taxes only = GBP/EUR 28 hinting that early bookings are a bit flat - though I don't know how long the summer schedule has been up there.

We do not rely on Ryanair to bring us business, just friends but there must be lots who do. It looks as if the 2 giant new carparks may just be somewhere to store white lines. I have no idea how much the economy of the area relies on Ryanair but presume that fewer passengers brung in = smaller subsidy from RDZ = less money in the pot = even closer scrutiny of profitability = 2010 down to just 1 flight per week on market day ?

John

John

As well as the Ryanair flights to London and Dublin which as you say are reduced to only 4 days a week in 2009 (and no Saturday flight),  there are also daily internal flights to Paris and also to  Lyon.

The fares to London vary considerably and at the moment change it seems daily as each new offer or sale is launched.  We booked for a relative to come over in April thinking we had a good price for a return near Easter only to find that next day the price had dropped by £30.

Maybe Michael has looked at the Euro rate and previous loadings on this route and decided that not as many people will be flying to France this year as previous years.

If you want to see the flights to Rodez continue, make a point of filling in that little questionnaire you're often offered.

The important bit is to remember to put in just how much money you have spent in hotels/restaurants/shops in the Aveyron. It really was quite a lot wasn't it?

And that'll cheer up the Aveyron tourist board no end. Making them wish to see the flights come in every day.......

Archived