Complete France Forum

What yuo can & what you can't?

Jonzjob

Her is one of the most ludicrous its of EU bull I have seen in a while. We are told that we can't take certain things on aircraft in hand baggage, but did you know that the list is secret?

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7936358.stm

Mind you if you read the term and conditions for Ryanair, I haven't looked at any others but I assume they will be the same, you will find the following under 'Prohibited Articles.'

Blunt Instruments:  Any blunt instrument capable of causing injury, including:
tennis rackets, baseball and softball bats, clubs or batons - rigid or flexible - e.g. billy clubs, blackjacks (truncheon of leather covered lead with flexible shaft), night sticks & batons, cricket bats, golf clubs, hockey and hurley sticks, lacrosse sticks, kayak and canoe paddles, skateboards, billiard, snooker and pool cues, fishing rods, martial arts equipment, e.g. knuckle dusters, clubs, coshes, rice flails, num-chucks, kubatons, kubasaunts.

If this list was available at the time then I don't really see that he has any complaint?

• 2 weeks later...
A similar situation with a former employer.

Trying to change my computer password one day I was informed that my new password was not acceptable because it did not conform to the required 'format'.

I asked what that format was, but they wouldn't tell me because it was not for the system users to know!

Archived