Complete France Forum

Not just Ryanair...

Rose

OK... there are occasionally some amongst us that are unhappy with Ryanair and their hidden charges... well it seems they are not alone but generally the other carriers don't take a knock like Ryanair... Flybe have just announced flights for the Bergerac to Exeter route, which is really really good news!!! 

I found a flight at the end of april for just £8.60 each way... plus an extra £65.18 in taxes and charges.. the charges are, they say on their website... Additional taxes and charges are made on the basic ticket price to cover Airport Departure Tax, Passenger Service Charge & Security/Insurance surcharge. For promotional offers, Flybe may pay a portion of the taxes to offer the lowest possible fares.

Then of course I need to add £20 for one item of luggage, I dont need to book a specific seat so save £12 but with credit card & booking charges my cheap £8.60 each way bargain works out as £110 return.  And this is a cheap deal with Flybe.  And I dont find out the total cost until I get to the point of entering my credit card details...

Now, when I think of it, Bergerac to Exeter is soooo convenient for me and I am sooooo glad the route is open for the summer and I guess considering the distance I want to travel then £110 return isn't actually a bad price... but it is interesting to compare some of the other low-cost operators with Ryanair... just for balance? [Www]

[quote user="Rose"]

Now, when I think of it, Bergerac to Exeter is soooo convenient for me and I guess considering the distance I want to travel then £110 return isn't actually a bad price...[/quote]

Our daughter flew from Manchester to Rennes with Flybe last April - one bag in the hold - and it cost just shy of £200 return. Even more in August when she came with our 2 grandchildren - costs a small fortune ... but it is lovely to see them.

Archived