Complete France Forum

Timetable for trains from Paris to Argentan

Looking for some help,

My wife will be arriving in Paris cdg airport and is looking to then catch a train to Argentan in Normande. I can't seem to get hold of a timetable for the trains can anyone offer some help.

She will be arriving on the Monday 16th August. Plane has not been boooked yet, waiting to see what time the trains are first.

Coops has given you the timetable. Read it very carefully, taking the notes into account - for a route with so few trains a day it is very complicated. Some services that look like through trains are in fact bus connections. Consider too the transfer time between airport and train. From CDG you need to allow at least an hour, preferably more. One important point is that the Granville line trains leave from Montparnasse Vaugirard, which is right at the far end of the main station and a pretty long walk from the Metro.

You could also look at trains to Caen or Le Mans which have connecting services to Argentan, but whether or not these would prove any better overall I cannot say.

Alternatively

go to www.bahn.de

select English language and input PAris CDG TGV as start point and Argentan as arrival point and you will get a much more balanced and easy to read set of options.  My search suggested the best results with just one connection across Paris.  the timings even give allowance for this cross city journey.

If the timing suits, the TGV direct to from CDG to Le Mans and change there for Argentan looks best. The cross-Paris changes still involve the lengthy transfer (not easy with luggage) between the Metro at Montparnasse-Bienvenue and the RER at Montparnasse-Vaugirard that the German site glosses over.

We have an SNCF shop near us.  Personally I find a visit to them to discuss things is worth loads in terms of hassle or lack thereof when planning trips by rail.  If you have one near you and are at all unsure as to the best way to do this then it's worth using them.  Much less pressured than doing this at a station with other people queued up and breathing down your neck. They will also issue the tickets of course.[:)]

Archived