Complete France Forum

Ferry prices doubled!

MrCanary

Somebody on here said that once the cheap Dover to Boulogne crossings finished, P&O and SeaFrance would put their prices up...

Well, they've done that alright...

A similar return crossing between Dover and Calais that I made for £50 in October is now about £100 with both of them!

Bring back Speedferries!

Try this one which I mentioned very recently in the Good Deals Section. It has just worked fine for me at £40 return.

Dover - Calais £40 Return

This may be useful to someone. I have just booked SeaFrance through ferrycheap.com

The best bit:

from Only £40 Return, for a car and 5 passengers

Valid Fridays, Saturday and Sundays too.

Travel from Dover and Calais

Frequent sailings

* The boring bit:

All bookings must be made online by 30th November 2010. Telephone bookings subject to a £10 booking fee.

A £15 supplement per car each way will apply on all sailings during the period 17th December 2010 to 4th January 2011

Offer applies to Car and up to 5 Passengers. Motorhomes and towed vehicle available at a supplement, price on application..

Non refundable, but amendable at £15 each way.

Mel, you're not wrong. January does seem to be a bit of an odd time to lift prices.

It looks like the ferrycheap/SeaFrance offer, which is for sailings up to 15th April might well be for you. Just book by 30th Nov.

http://www.ferrycheap.com/seafrance-offer.asp

PS If they go bust before your intended sailing date you will have only lost £40 - I'd give it a go.

Archived