Complete France Forum

O'Learyisation of P&O?

JandM

Does anyone remember whether or not P&0 used to let you book more than one return trip in the same online transaction?

Yesterday I bought tickets for a couple of Dover Calais return trips with a standard credit card, but found that the site wouldn't let me book all four crossings in one go. I had to book the first return, then pay, including the £4, then do it all over again for the second trip and pay a second £4. I was thus slighly miffed. Is this new or am I imagining things? I can't remember exactly, but I think in the past the site actually prompted you if you wanted to make another booking before payment. Is this a new trick?

Anyway, when I rang P&O to ask, they said if I gave the two booking references to them they would refund one of the fees. So now I'm a whole £4 better off.

So now I'm a whole £4 better off.  yeah less the £25 admin fee for changing your booking and talking to an Oooman being [6]

No, well done for challenging the fee!

I seem to remember that for a website to charge for using a card, they have to offer at least one fee-free way of paying, that's way RA doesn't charge for pre-paid Mastercard.

I wonder what the P&O fee-free way is?

EDIT:  Ah, I see the fee is not applicable to Debit cards so maybe that's the way to go.

Yes - still free to use a debit card, but my beef is with being prevented from booking more than one trip within a single transaction. After all, if you're buying your week's shopping online, Sansburys doesn't charge a card fee for each item.

I always used a debit card in the past, but luckily used my credit card to buy a twenty journey book of tickets with Speedferries ten days before they went bust. I got my money back from the cc company and have used it for biggish online purchases ever since.

Archived