Complete France Forum

La Rochelle

Sashabel

Going back about 8-10 years, whilst sitting in our car at the Portsmouth Ferry Terminal waiting to board our crossing to France, we were approached by a representative of Brittany Ferries with a questionnaire. It asked the usual - our reasons for travel, our final destination in France, how long we were planning to stay, etc. Then the final question asked whether we would be interested in or likely to use a ferry service to somewhere like La Rochelle as opposed to the northern ports.

Everyone in the boarding queue got very excited about a possible longer crossing and everyone we spoke to had responded to the last question in a very positive way.

I was just wondering if anyone else remembers this questionnaire? Obviously nothing ever came of it - shame

I remember the questionaire alright. I eagerly ticked the box for a stop in La Rochelle as it is only an hour's drive away from where my wrinklies live in Deux-Sèvres. So long ago, it seems that I ticked the box for my 'must-have-can't-do-without-it presents' list from Father Christmas....

Getting old [:$] and 2 too many road accidents [:(] have made me weary of driving the long road from St Malo or Caen and the long road to Portsmouth. If only there was a ferry from Aberystwyth ...

Yes I could fly you'll tell me or let the train take the strain, but I am a sucker for bringing back loadza goodies. I've only just come back from a visit where I bought about 2 yards worth of shelf space in books! never mind the cases of wine and the food stuff ...  so to have a car with me is perfect for loading all that malarky ...

Archived