Complete France Forum

Accor Hotel Offer

Gardian

Just in case anybody isn't aware, Accor is the group name covering Mercure, Novotel, Ibis, etc.  I know that they're not everybody's cup of tea in that 'you could be anywhere in the world and not know it', but they're always clean & comfortable + convenient when on the move.

They did a 50% offer this time last year and I've been waiting for it to turn up again. It just did and for our journey up to Caen, I've just booked a Suite Novotel room (its a really nice niche brand - really big rooms) for €59.50 where the normal asking price is €95. From what I can see, just about all their worldwide hotels are in the offer, so worthwhile looking at if you're travelling in France or the UK over Christmas and / or the New Year. You have to be in their 'club' to get the max discount, but that's a 5 minute job.

Bookings have to be made within the next 7 days for stays 15/12/12 - 10/2/13.

p.s. Forget their pricey breakfast @ €14 - take the free round-the-clock coffee and madeleines in the reception area!  

[quote user="Gardian"]

Just in case anybody isn't aware, Accor is the group name covering Mercure, Novotel, Ibis, etc.  I know that they're not everybody's cup of tea in that 'you could be anywhere in the world and not know it', but they're always clean & comfortable + convenient when on the move.

[/quote]

Mmm, when I last came back from France I stayed in an IBIS, which was a little off of my route. The reason I chose it was because I was towing a trailer and keen for some security.

The hotel boasted fully enclosed parking and 75 spaces for 50 rooms. Great I thought. The enclosed parking turned out to be a gate in the middle of the parking area with no other fencing and I was asked to move my car and trailer from where I had parked it because they were full that night. When I mentioned the 75 parking spaces the receptionist just laughed.

Paul 

Archived