Complete France Forum

Passports

David

[quote user="Puzzled"]

I have just come back from sending my daughter's passport off for renewal. The postal order cost added an extra 5€ to the cost, why can't they just accept French cheques. [:@]

I also completed the recommandée slip but the postal worker was adamant (in a nice way) that I should send a sae with it - just hope it doesn't come bouncing back!

[/quote]

If you added in the cost of the return postage to the passport fee then you will be fine. For some reason if you live in Luxenburg you can phone and pay with your credit card details.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote user="Le Plombier"]

It,s worth noting that the passport office in Paris accept witness signatures from a registered atrisan

I have done this on two occaisons for friends and there have been no problems

I have also renewed my passport via paris with no problems at all

Le Plombier

[/quote]

You will also find, if you phone the nice lady at the Consulate, that providing it is clear that the photo you are sending for the new passport is very similar to the old one then you do not require a signature. So if you have not completely changed you hair style and colour or had botox(?) injections to get ride of the wrinkles you should be OK.

Fortunatly I look as young as I did 10 years ago [;-)] and have never had to get one signed.

Yes, this is absolutely correct. I also phoned and was told the same. Also you can ask them to send out the forms to you, saves having to bother downloading and printing off, and they arrive within a couple of days.

I expect they won't bother who signs the back of a photo for a renewal if it isn't necessary to have it done they won't check. Hubby and I didn't have ours signed but did get our daughter's signed as she was 6 yrs old and now a very different looking young lady of 16!

Anna

Archived