Complete France Forum

Hunting season

Miggimeggi

Does anyone know when the hunting season opens in the Dordogne this year?  We had forgotten about it and we were just about to walk the dogs, loose, across the fields when we remembered about it.  As one of our dogs has lately developed a touch of selective amnesia where the recall is concerned we have decided that she must be kept on a lead during the season when she is out of our garden.  The havoc she could create if she got caught up in the middle of a hunt doesn't bear thinking about.

The chasse "general" opens on the 10th September, but that isn't the entire answer as with authorisation specific hunting can take place anytime, waterfowl has already started.

To see the details for your department, click on this link and then on the map, this will give you your Arrêté from the Prefecture. http://www.unfdc.com/actualite/dates_chasse_f.htm 

I'm going to buy a red reflective jacket for our dog this week, one for me as well as I wander about in the woods etc.

Chris

[quote user="chris pp"]

I'm going to buy a red reflective jacket for our dog this week, one for me as well as I wander about in the woods etc.

Chris

[/quote]

What a great idea, I must try to find one.  My  boy Dane is approx. the size and the exact colour of a good sized buck deer and could be easily mistaken for one, especially by a myopic old hunter, or an excited very young one.  The harliquin could never be mistaken for anything but a naughty dog but I love her [:D]so I will get her one as well.

Thanks very much for the info. and the idea.

Archived