Complete France Forum

Selling a house in France

[quote user="dickdarstadly"]I want to go to a Nortaire and ask him to prepare a Compris

now even though I do not yet have a buyer.  The idea being that when I

do find a buyer he or she will be able to go along to the Notaire with

me and fill in their details etc.. Thus making the process a little

faster.

I realsie the Compris will need some fine tuning when we do have a buyer but can this be done?

Thanks[/quote]

Should you decide to go ahead, you should ask for a compromis de vente.

I am a little confused, has your post been edited? It looks like Claire has answered your last post even before the question has been asked[8-)].

Also on another thread you said that you had sold your property

"I too just sold my house and in spite of having 5 Immobiliers

showing it on their websites (and doing nothing else!!) I managed to

sell it myself with a little advert.  I was willing to spend about £70

for a web advert to (unlike imobiliers).

My only worry was the Compris which I thoght the Immobilier drewup...."

This would imply that you now know the ropes.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Anyone else ... Please no moderators.  In order to be impartial and to judge content of posts I respectfully suggest you should refrain from '''contributing'''... 

Sorry, that's just not how this forum works.

[/quote]

Fair enough, I am OK with that but was a little shocked to see a Moderator reply correcting my French and not even applying themselves to the question.  This in light of the comments made by Qillian (a Mod) on another thread seemed a bit odd...  No real harm done I guess

Crispy Dandruff

[quote user="gosub"]I am a little confused, has your post been edited? It looks like Claire has answered your last post even before the question has been asked[8-)].
Also on another thread you said that you had sold your property

"I too just sold my house and in spite of having 5 Immobiliers showing it on their websites (and doing nothing else!!) I managed to sell it myself with a little advert.  I was willing to spend about £70 for a web advert to (unlike imobiliers).

My only worry was the Compris which I thoght the Immobilier drewup...."

This would imply that you now know the ropes.

[/quote]

I have an agreement to sell... The buyers have returned to the UK and I want to get the initial contract put together asap...  I realsie to really have sold I need the contact to be signed... hence my question.

As for what you infer and I imply I can not comment.

[quote user="dickdastardly"]...  was a little shocked to see a Moderator reply correcting my French and not even applying themselves to the question.[/quote]

Sorry, I do not know the answer to your question, I thought the correct terminology would help. My apologies...

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="dickdastardly"]...  was a little shocked to see a Moderator reply correcting my French and not even applying themselves to the question.[/quote]
Sorry, I do not know the answer to your question, I thought the correct terminology would help. My apologies...
[/quote]

Apology accepted with the same sentiment with which it is offered.

[;-)]

Well I am still 'kin confused, there appears to be lots of message editing going on, every time I look at the thread most of the post have changed from the original without any reference to being edited.

Sorry, I changed it back to the original question to clarify it for you.  I did not know I had to mark the post as having been edited, in future I shall.  The point is the same though. 

If it helps with your confusion.  I posted a question about what I termed the 'Compris'.  Of course it is not called that and Clair pointed this out to me.  I was a bit narked that she did that and did not answer the question.  I changed the question coz I was annoyed.  I am sorry this confused you, I have changed it back so the sequence now makes more sence.

As for selling the house.  I have an agreement with buyer but they have not signed anything and that is why I asked the question herein.  You no doubt will appreaciate how important it is to get this thing signed and I wanted to know if I could go, by myself to get the contract drawn up ready for signature.    I was posting a simple question not completing an afadavid so was careless with the Term 'Sale'.  My apologies if this confused you. 

That you infer something adverse from my posts or see some conflict is a matter for you.   I certainly did not want you to be confused about my situation and your concern is touching.

If I can help clarify maters further please let me know by PM and I shall respond.

Dick - you could have the notaire draft a compromis de Vente, but you should give a copy to your buyer to study. They may want to add or subtract something from it before signing. eg put in some "clauses suspensives". Or a section about buying en tontine/aléatoire etc. It's meant to be a joint agreement, not just outlining the vendor's rules.

That's my view, anyway, I might be wrong.

Yes, of course, you go and get the draft compromis prepared and send it to the potential purchasers.  They then read it through, add any clauses suspensives that they might wish to include, and return the document to you for amendment.

You then need to agree to the terms of the clause suspensives.  If you do, a compromis in its final state is drawn up.  You sign this and send it to your buyers.

They then sign it after which I believe they have 7 days to change their minds.  Then, if there is a deposit to be paid, they arrange for the funds to go to the notaire handling your sale.

Time then lapses whilst the various searches, etc are set in motion.  When all is in order, you will be able to agree a mutually convenient time for the Acte de Vente to be signed in the notaire's office.  You get the loot, the buyer gets the object of his dreams, the French government gets its taxes and the notaire gets his fees (hard-earned, of course!)

C'est voila!  All's well that ends well and everyone lives happily ever after.

As they say in legal circle, a verbal promise (in this case to buy your property) is not worth the paper it's written on. No self-respecting agent would have let a potential purchaser return to the UK without them at least signing a written offer! At which point the property would normally be withdrawn from the market. As you have already been advised, best get that "compromis de vente" drawn up and signed as quickly as possible........ 

P-D de Rouffignac

www.francemediterraneanproperty.com

Archived