Complete France Forum

Advice neede

Jaylo

i am a regestered artisan here and my work involves using a specialized mix of concrete. The yard we used got the mix right on the first job but when they delivered to the job i am on now, we discovered when it was too late, that the mix was wrong  The whole job has to be took out and replaced I went straight to the yard and told them and they sent out a technician to look He agreed it was not right and said he would do a report, that was last week, I still have not heard back and i am planning to ring tomorrow I just wanted to know if anyone can advise me on the best way to go about this, it is going to cost a lot to put this right and as i dont get paid until the job is finished im going to struggle

Thanks in advance  

Upon receipt of the report you can then demand recompense I would have thought by the material supplier if its in your favour. Other than that if they refuse you will have a battle to get any redress and going to court could take upto 2 years and cost you thousands of euros in legal fees. Wait until the report arrives first and perhaps contact your Deçenelle insurers to see if you have anything covered inthe policy. A week is not long here for a report, we have been waiting for an official expert report since January in the case of a non-paying client and was told then it would be four months at least. Meantime,why not give them and ring and reminder.

Archived