Complete France Forum

Looking for beginners to join a French group in 47

Mishtoon

Hi,

My husband doesn't speak French (we have lived in France for 18 months) and so we have just started paying for a tutor (she is French) to come to the home to teach him.  We have another friend who has joined the 'group' but are looking for others to come along to share the cost.  This truly is a beginners group for those who have no french at all.  The cost is E30 an hour, and they are currently meeting for two hours per week on Tuesdays from 2.30-4.30pm.  I have to say that the tutor is very good, a trained teacher, speaks very good english too (although makes them speak French most of the time!) and works them quite hard.

Is there anyone out there who would like to join?  If so, email me on mc_lyng@yahoo.co.uk or phone on 05 53 40 17 65.  We are near to Fumel, Lot-et-Garonne, which is about 10 minutes from Monflanquin, 20 minutes from Villeneuve-sur-Lot and near to the border with the Lot.

This may be of interest to the previous discussion about cost for a french tutor.  I personally think this particular tutor is worth the money, she is very good, so I suppose it all depends on whether you feel you are getting value for money.  Still, E30 each person per week is a lot to fork out so if you know of anyone who wants to learn too, give us a bell.  With 4-6 in the group the cost would be shared and good value for money.

byeee,

Mel

Archived