Complete France Forum

Translation to day

Pads

Im trying to translate a page of french and I have come to a sentence" Il est comment" ? which translates to "he is how" I assume she is asking her friend , what does he look like . ?

Is this the normal way of asking this question, or does it have another meaning that I havnt twigged ?

Also "J'en suis jalouse" I am jealouse ? but I would of written that  " je suis jalouse " why is it different

Many thanks   

[quote user="Pads"]

Im trying to translate a page of french and I have come to a sentence" Il est comment" ? which translates to "he is how" I assume she is asking her friend , what does he look like . ?

Is this the normal way of asking this question, or does it have another meaning that I havnt twigged ?

Also "J'en suis jalouse" I am jealouse ? but I would of written that  " je suis jalouse " why is it different

Many thanks   

[/quote]

"Il est comment?" or even "Comment il est?" are both casual forms of "Comment est-il?"

"J'en suis jalouse" means  that "je suis jalouse de..." i.e. I am jealous of it (it being something which is being discussed at the time)

Archived