Jump to content
Complete France Forum



Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what a talweg is?

It appears in guide books on mountain walking on the lines of 'head towards the 'talweg'. It does not even sound like a French word and I have not found it in any of my dictionaries.

I have looked at wikipedia and the translation might be something like 'valley path' but I would be interested to learn if anyone knows for sure.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is also translated as a "trough" as, for instance, in French weather forecasts where it is used quite regularly when describing the general situation.  In meteorological terms "an elongated area of relatively low pressure".
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...