Complete France Forum

"Received but not checked"

Moriarty

I'm expecting a delivery soon, a new computer (yippee!!) but know that I won't have time to check it ... it will be a van drop. So I want to sign the form and add "received, but not opened nor checked". That's what I used to write on parcel deliveries in the UK - would it translate as "recu mais pas ouvert ni verifie" ? Or is there a more concise way of saying this? It just seems a bit long winded to me.

Thanks

Something as simple as 'Non Inspecté' I think would be sufficient to record the fact that you accepted it with reservation but I doubt it really matters what you write on the delivery docket, or what language you write it in, you have rights which cover you if it is damaged regardless of whether you inspected at the instant of delivery or not.

With something like a computer transit damage may not always be apparent on the outside so you might not discover it until you switched it on, how long is a delivery driver expected to wait ?

It might be worth taking photos of the opening of the box and unpacking and if there is any damage report it to the vendor immediately but ultimately, as a distance purchase, you have the right to send it back within 7 days without giving any reason.

Archived