Complete France Forum

French words please - Sit on Mower

mary

Hi

I have an 'Insurance expert' coming to see me on Wednesday as we are claiming off of our insurance for repairs to the sit on mower as we have the top insurance for damage.

I need to explain that after hitting a tree with the wheel, the wheel went slightly out of align, but I don't know the names in French for 'Worn away' and 'Wheel bearings'. Because

the tracking was out of align, the metal on the center of the wheel has worn away and so have the bearings, hence the wheel dropped off.

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="mary"]Hi I have an 'Insurance expert' coming to see me on Wednesday as we are claiming off of our insurance for repairs to the sit on mower as we have the top insurance for damage. I need to explain that after hitting a tree with the wheel, the wheel went slightly out of align, but I don't know the names in French for 'Worn away' and 'Wheel bearings'. Because the tracking was out of align, the metal on the center of the wheel has worn away and so have the bearings, hence the wheel dropped off. Many thanks[/quote]

Hope you said something like:

" La roue avant a cognee un arbre et a ete faussee. La jante et son roulement ont ete abimes et la roue est tombee" ....But I guess I am now too late...

Archived