Complete France Forum

HELP - REGISTERING OUR GITE BUSINESS

rosienoo

Hi all,

New to all this and it's probably been asked before, but could someone advise me on what the process is to register our Gite holiday business.  My questions are:

• If we are only providing self-catering holiday lets and long-term lets is the registration process different from that of  a business proving Table d'Hote
  • If we decide to provide B&B and maybe Table d'Hote does anyone come and inspect the cooking facilities etc? not that this would be an issue, just interested in knowing.
  • Does anyone know what the tax percentage on business income is?

Our Mairie doesn't speak any English and asking some questions are bit hard going :-)  My french is improving but not that rapidly, might have to twist my Dad's arm again to come and be translator for me tee hee, he loves it really...

Thanks in advance

Rosie

Hi Rosie

We registered our gites with the Chambre of Commerce, if you have a look in Pages Jaune you should fine details of your local office and they will be able to give you advice regarding the registration, tax etc and I would think also be able to answer your questions with regard to B&B.  We also paid them a supplement to contact all the local governing bodies that need to be contacted when you register, it was about 40e and well worth it as it took out the hassle of doing it ourselves!!  Hope this helps

Jetlag

Archived