Complete France Forum

Frenchways Forum

Ron Avery

Hope this post is not out of line, but I used to be a member of an excellent and informative forum run by Frenchways, it dissapeared some time ago when they started to update their site and appears now long gone.

Have any members of that Forum moved to this excellent site, if so would like to hear from you, I used to be Brian W

The original forum was killed off by people making posts that the administrators didn't like. It was replaced by a much less user-friendly and heavily moderated forum.

I think the whole Frenchways organisation is becoming rather different, much more commercial and profit-focused, perhaps a bit more like some of the UK-based agencies the original site campaigned so strongly against, hence the major revamp that the site is undergoing at present. But I may just be misinformed, I do hope so.

Not sure I agree about your opinion of why the Forum was suspended, it had about 650 members and was a very friendly and informative site, with lots of subscribers that you could rely on, ( as I hope there are also on this forum) there was no over moderation that I was aware of.

One of the problems at the end was in fact the lack of moderation, I never found it over moderated except where people tried to advertise rival businesses and those post were rightly zapped, the lack of moderation led to a  chaotic final period where people were joining and through no fault of their own being allowed to assume the same name as existing members with numerous posts. Posts also dropped off as access from the main site was cut off first, you could only use it if you had the forum URL  bookmarked.  It has been several months since the Forum was running properly and I doubt that it will reappear.

Archived