Complete France Forum

The France Soir ?

Russethouse

According to the Independent 'France Soir' is from March to publish a weekly editionin English for Anglophone residents.

The paper will carry a digest of French news, features on places and events that may be of interest to English speakers as well as sports results.

The same feature mentions a new treatment at a Nice beauty clinic - chocotherapie. €55 for 70 minutes of chocolate heaven.....sadly its smeared all over the body, not eaten !

This is a really good idea, though it will be national news presumably rather than local?

Now apart from psychological, what could the benefits of chocotherapie be?  I read recently (though not sure I believe it) that several female celebs rub instant coffee into their thighs to break down cellulite, it's the caffeine apparently that supposedly does the trick.  Guess it makes a change from the sea salt that several of my French women friends rub in nightly (ouch!). 

M

What a rotten lousy waste of chocolate. And I don't think my husband is keen enough on chocolate to come somewhere like that with me and lick it off, which would be the only advantage I could see to wasting such lovely stuff.

English version of France Soir, I'll keep my eye open for it. I can't help wondering who would buy it though.

Archived