Complete France Forum

Harry Potter 6

SaligoBay

Did you enjoy it?

What about the-one-who-died?  Was it who you thought it would be?  Will they make a magical comeback in Book 7?  

I didn't find it nearly as sad as the bit in 5 where the dead people were just behind the curtain - that made me cry.   This one didn't.

I wasn't actually desperate to read it, but once I started, I couldn't stop.

I see Terry Pratchett is having a pop at JK Rowling now (AS Byatt did it a couple of years ago).  I've read their criticisms, and bof, they may have a small point, but do you get those strong whiffs of SOUR GRAPES? 

Absolutely - think they'll be back....... and that the half blodd prince still has a few leaves to turn over providing us with more plot twists and turns. Agree that this wasn't quite as good as the earlier books, but will still buy no 7 when it comes out - for the children you understand.....

I loved it! And I cried at the end! But then I also cried in book 5 at the 'just behind the curtain' bit, and I cry at 'Lassie', so I'm probably not the person to ask....

I don't think that the-one-who-died should make a magical comeback in book 7, then again, you never know.

Whichever way, I can't wait for no. 7 to be written and published, but I will be very sad to say good-bye to Harry and his friends. I think that JK Rowling is an exceptionally gifted writer, capturing all ages with her imagination.

Archived