Complete France Forum

Interculture quiz

SaligoBay

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it too. It was obviously written for future language assistants. I may pass it on to the assistants website.

I agree with Margaret that the "what to wear" part was tough, especially as you weren't too sure if it was what a french girl would wear or suggestions on what a British girl should wear in that situation.

I particulary liked the pedestrian crossing question...

Oh, and the je suis pleine.... I've done that

Ah the pedestrain crossing question. Well motorists aren't obliged to stop until your foot is on the crossing anyway, so you could be stood there like a dummy for ages. I think that really we are supposed to go for it, but ofcourse, who dares really.

The clothes. We know a group of single women, mainly in their thirties. Goodness knows what they think that they are wearing when they are out. They are one and all badly dressed and badly coiffed. Not in a grundge sense of badly either.

I would only ever tu a young child automatically. Anyone else I didn't know and I would always vous.

Excellant find SB.

It is right, they sell them to us at the cost of the article. If some cream I took cost 35euros then that is the charge. And without the carte vitale that is what I would have to fork out. 

ie there is no fixed charge for prescription medicines as in the UK. They are certainly not free, the carte vitale is just a new way of us paying, modern accountancy.

Archived