Complete France Forum

Les Chevaliers du Ciel

SaligoBay

Went to see it today (Saturday), while the rest of France was across the road in Carrefour.  Only 5 euros each in the morning, and you get the cinema to yourself!

And I enjoyed it.  But very very very different from American films of the same genre.  And how!    Apart from anything else, what heroic fast-jet American film would have the superhero pilot reduced to flying a plane along the beach, towing a giant air-filled condom!   

It could have had a bit less confusing talk (the plot all got a bit heavy for a while) and more action, but when there was action it was BRILLIANT!

Oh my goodness, I get so excited by these fast jets, I just LOVE them.  Going up in one must just be THE ultimate organic thrill of all time. 

Yes, I think it is, but I'm not a BD fan either, so I wouldn't have read them!

The plot was almost completely unfathomable, and I think the flying shots were real footage rather than special fx.   It was lovely, but it gave it a kind of old-fashioned, slightly Thunderbirdy feel in places. 

But it was interesting for its Frenchness.  Unlike American films, you don't come out feeling moralised at.

Archived