Complete France Forum

Top grossing French films in the UK

graham34

Came across an interesting list of the top grossing French films shown in the UK for 2005 (so far) and the past 15 years. 2005 has been a vintage year, at least by the measure of revenue.

A Very Long Engagement (£1.5m)

The Chorus

5x2

The Beat That My Heary Skipped (may overtake 5x2)

The Last Mitterand

Kings and Queens

Innocence

Pickpocket

1990-2005

Amélie (over £5m)

Cyrano de Bergerac

A Very Long Engagement

Delicatessen

The Chorus (£1m)

Jean-Pierre Jeunet has three in the top four of the last 15 years (he didn’t make Cyrano de Bergerac).

Graham

The only one I have seen from the 2005 list is the The Beat That My Heart Skipped. The cinema was full when I saw it.

It's a scary film,you are on the edge of the seat thinking the main character is going to do something really horrible. Definitely worth seeing.  

[quote user="Tom"]

It's a scary film,you are on the edge of the seat thinking the main character is going to do something really horrible.

[/quote]

Agree it's worth seeing. Also gives Parisian Immobiliers a bad name - using using sacs of rats to evict squatters for example.

Graham

• 1 month later...

Amelie was superb, Delicatessen hilarious, but A Very Long Engagement was incredbly boring. Fell asleep. Not one of my French friends has heard of Delicatessen though. Love that line where the butcher has "the Australin"knife stuck in his head and he asks "Have I something here?" pointing to it before sitting down and dieing. Classic!

Archived