Complete France Forum

Regsitering for CAF number

searcher30

Was your child born in the UK? If so and if you haven't already done it you need to contact the family allowance people and cancel that there and get a letter from them stating this. Then contact the CAF and register with them.

The creche's and other child related things around here use the CAF's QF (a value based on revenue) to work out how much they will charge you for their services. I never used to hand ours in as our QF didn't give us the right to any reductions. And our kids were always taken for the various activities.

What ever you need to sort out the family allowance thing if you haven't already and register with the CAF. I would always contact any organistation in advance to see what documentation they want, I am surprised that you haven't already. They will send you a form every year where you declare your revenue.

ours wanted all our details for pay / tax from the UK, including all our old payslips - which was a mere formality as we knew beforehand that we wouldn't qualify for the grant for the 'rentré' in September! However it was a formailty we had to endure so we could register and get 'family allowance'.

YMMV

hoverfrog

Archived