Complete France Forum

Poor Old Chirac!

Tresco

Oh bless him [:D]. Very interesting Tresco, would love to see it, even though my French is not really up to it at the moment. I will make a point to go see it if it is playing anywhere near me while I am here in France. Thank you posting the article.

I'm not sure that this film will do anything but even more good publicity for him!  Canal Plus & their 'Guignols' which is a sort of french 'Spitting Image' only much more political, for those who don't live in France (or for those who do & only watch Sky[;-)]) have been on his case for years and it only endears him more & more to the French public.

I honestly think, and I am not alone on this one, that without the 'help' of this show he wouldn't be such a popular president.  The French love to laugh at him and apparently they love to vote for him!

Just watched an interview with Karl Zero - the guy who's resposible for the Chirac film.  Saw a clip and it could go both ways, but like I said earlier, it WILL make people laugh.  Anyway, this Zero guy (who is an excellent political journalist here in France) knows old Jacques inside & out, and he predicts that he will take Sigolene Royal on board as prime minister and get rid of Nicolas Sarkosy.

By the way Karl Zero has got the sack from Canal plus without any motive[Www]

Thanks to both of you WJT and to Twinks, especially.

I could never, ever, suss this stuff out quicly without people like you, who have been here a long time!

What you said was so interesting. Any more comments from Culture Vultures would be so welcome!

I stiill want to see it. He's the only man in France I understand first time, and it's a film made of clips of him speaking. Slowly.

Did you know that Chirac has appeared on the television EVERY DAY since 1967[:-))]

The guys who made the film took a whole year to trawl through the archives before they could even decide on a "scenario" it took two years to make. They even used t.v. footage from Britain,Italy and other countries because they consider the journalistic questions to be more 'daring' compared to the questions he's asked in France.

Was it the Tip, or the typo that made you say that? [:$]

I think it'll be a run off between her and him, and she'll win. I don't know why. Maybe it's just because she has been on TV in Poitou-Charente every day for 3 years.

I'm a Sarko obsessed loony, that's for sure. Ask SB[:)]

>>>...."Chirac as a true cinematic hero," added the producer, Bonne Pioche.<<<

...and all of you Francophiles ...

have you seen the irony in the name of the producer... Bonne Pioche as in Good Pickaxe!!!

[quote user="missyesbut"]>>>...."Chirac as a true cinematic hero," added the producer, Bonne Pioche.<<< ...and all of you Francophiles ... have you seen the irony in the name of the producer... Bonne Pioche as in Good Pickaxe!!![/quote]

No misseyesbut,

Bonne Pioche means you've 'picked' a good card.

Example:  When you're playing a game of cards and you have to take one from the pile in the middle, say you 'pick' a card that is the right one for you, then you say "Bonne pioche"

Archived