Complete France Forum

La Musique Folklorique - Sarthe

cooperlola

[quote user="Dick Smith"]But he was a weird alien creature living a false life as a teacher who didn't understand anything that was going on around him...

Oh crap.

[/quote]

Oh no!  The truth comes home!

[img]http://ggfree.com/images/products/200/ThirdRockfromtheSunonDVD.jpg[/img]

Never saw CanAm, but used to watch a lot of Gp7 in the late sixties. Real thundercars, with real drivers (Clark, Stewart etc.)

Motorsport has a good issue this month. Also a lovely pic of an ex-Clark F2 Lotus in green and yellow, one of the most beautiful racers ever (after the Eagle and Lotus 25/33). Cover much better green, as well.

I feel sure I remember seeing the Chaparal at Brands Hatch in the 1960s. I think the Lotus 49 was probably one of the best looking, in Gold Leaf colours as well as the traditional green and yellow.

But I go away for a couple of hours and find that nobody has managed to find a real Norman folk singer. Not surprising, about the most genuine I have seen is the two old guys with button accordeons who used to play outside the tourist office in St Hilaire du Harcouet on Wednesday mornings, in front of the so-called 'biggest clog in the world'. 1960s motor racing suddenly takes on a whole new attraction.

So I have responded to the challenge with this http://www.archive.org/details/040704rouen - but don't hold your breath, I think that it might sound rather better with a finger in the ear after a few pewter tankards of calvados.

Oooo.  Gp7 - this is turning into a real nostalgia thread.  My best memories are of JC and GH in Lotus Cortinas. And David Piper in that 250 LM in the days when it was new!  Thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and it still has little great competition - Audi R10 anybody? We are seriously showing our age now!

On the folk front - guess I'd better toddle off to Brittany some time.  Alan Stivell? - now that's music.

Archived