Complete France Forum

Easter cards

DZ

Is it a custom to send Easter cards in France?  I know Christmas cards are not really done, so I am wondering if our French friends will think we are weird/eccentric if we send them Easter cards?

I'm not sure it's even a custom in London, is it? [:)]

They do exist here - not in great quantities in the shops, though, so I guess they can't be that popular.  Maybe you can set a new trend and make the card manufacturers happy?  [:)]

Are you just checking that it is not expected of you?  For Xmas cards it seems to be the custom to send to people you know but do not see - not neighbours. 

Someone else who's lived here donkeys years should be able to confirm.  Miki or Teamed Up perhaps. 

No, hang on, who would send Miki a Xmas card!  [:D]

Thank you, Cassis - one can always expect a friendly and lovely reply from you!

I was asking because France and Poland tend to be quite close culturally in many respects and it is a custom to send Easter cards left, right and centre where I come from.  But of the main differences between those two countries is the level of religious practice, so I am guessing that Easter is not such a big thing over in France?

I would say that you're right - at least to judge from around here.  The church in our region is fairly weak (one priest does a tour of 6 commune churches in rotation) .  We get fairly good representation at the church on major festivals but not otherwise.

I don't think that the French are big on cards - when we have our Xmas cards out , visitors/neighbours/friends are baffled by the sheer number!

[quote user="Cassis"]
No, hang on, who would send Miki a Xmas card!  [:D]
[/quote]

Well I guess you can put me on that list............................................[:D] but then again, he didn't send me one........[:D]

How very ironic, and how very generous of you, Bugs!  Top man. [:)] 

I knew there had to be a reason I liked you other than instinct. [:)]

EDIT/  Perhaps you could mention your views to Forum Admin and to the Mods, who decided to ban someone (I mention not the name) who posted a reply to you (probably rude, but you know what some of us curmudgeons are like) and had it edited by someone else.  The ensuing dispute ended in the offender receiving the extraordinary honour of a lifetime ban.  Welcomed by some, no doubt, but not by some others.

[quote user="DZ"]Is it a custom to send Easter cards in France?  I know Christmas cards are not really done, so I am wondering if our French friends will think we are weird/eccentric if we send them Easter cards?[/quote]

No & Yes.

Archived