Complete France Forum

Will YOU pass the test next month?

Ian

• 1 month later...
Thought I'd revisit this thread.

I wonder how many of the English-native contributors will be cheering for the old country now? Is it still Allez les Bleus for you Jonzjob?

I'll be watching the semi finals with French friends and they of course will expect me to shout for England (Wales and England being synonymous in their eyes [8-)]).  

What is great about this world cup is that any of the four teams could win - the recent performances overturning the form books.

What is left of the form book will have the Springboks as favorites but my money is on those wearing blue.

I'll say this very quietly, but I'm not really a great rugby fan, or wasn't, until I got caught up in all the world cup excitement here.

I've never been an England supporter, in sporting terms, and although it would be nice to see them win, it would be GREAT to see France win.  I'm no England hater, I'm just not very patriotic.  Rugby, generally, has a great deal of followers (and players) here.  It means so much to the people I know here, it is starting to mean a lot for me too.  There is a banner strung across the main road here in the village that says it all...

So me, I'll be shouting my heart out for the blues, along with just about everyone else here.  And I may just shed a tear if France lose, but then I shall probably be a bit misty-eyed if they win.  Wimmen, eh?

[quote user="Clair"]I will root for France on Saturday... but IF England go through, I will support them in the final [:)]
(there, covered all the angles... [Www])
[/quote]

That sounds a mirror image of familiar Clair?

I will root for England on Saturday... but IF France go through, I will support them in the final [:)]
(there, covered all the angles... For me too peut etra??)

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I think I probably speak Russian better than I speak Welsh[:D]

[/quote]

And I think you probably speak Russian better than you do English too. [:P]

Oh and I am behind England now that Wales are out.  Apparently, the husband and the guys at work are telling me they are playing a good tight game but I don't know what they are talking about.  I would rather round balls personally.

Come now Katie. I too have heard Twinks English and if her Russian is better then     ---------       it may not be very good[6]???

No, before I am accused of more things on this forum I AM ONLY KIDDING! 'Onest Twinks!![:D]

Round balls. Sounds like a game for ones wot score and go around kissing a cuddling and feeling wonderful for the very thing they are paid, very handsomly, to do! Blokes with funny shaped balls score and then get on with the task of scoring again, maybe the odd smile and slap of hands with team mates!!

Above all, rugby, for me, is a team game played fast by a team and at the end hand shakes all round. That is both by the teams on the field and the supporters in the stands. Long may it be that way!

All the Welsh and Scottish supporters say this, but most English rugby

fans support the other home nations in international matches. As you say, it's a bit sad. I've been participating on rugby forums for years and the hate coming from some Welsh and Scottish posters regularly borders on racism.

I met an Argentinian in Spain who asked me where I was from.  I told him Wales.  "Ah, he said, you are like us, you dislike the English".  So, I gave him a bit of rope to hang himself with then told him I was half English and faught the corner a bit.  And, as what normally happens, he just winced and went away. "And good riddance to you too!   You little twonk" [:D]

Archived