Complete France Forum

oustanding tax

carl

hello can anyone help shed any light on this ,  i worked in france in 2004-2006 , got made redundat / seprated from my wife ,and moved back to uk , being short of work lived on various places ,  , i spoke to my bank in paris  and the bank of france has siezed the account , iam finally getting back to normal , i now have a new job , which involves travelling to paris , i will pay any tax owed but it is quite a lot 7000 euros ,  will they stop me at the border ?  many thanks in advance   

Considering that whichever way you travel to Paris you will only need to show your passport in UK on departure I don't know who you think might be lurking in wait to collar you or where [blink]

€7000 is not exactly crime of the century and they already have your French bank assets.

Good luck

[quote user="carl"]i now have a new job , which involves travelling to paris , i will pay any tax owed but it is quite a lot 7000 euros ,   [/quote]

Is there any way by which you can open negotiations to start repaying what you owe to the tax people before you take your first trip to Paris?

Sue

thkyou for the replies , i feel a bit better , im trying to get my bank to sort this out but the just refer me to the tax office , im going next week, and i will start paying back into my french bank account , on a regular basis , which will star the debt being repaid  , a long haul i suspect ,  but on eurostar you have to show the passport twice  first uk, then french customs over here?   yes?  i thought my passport would flag up when it is scanned ?  

[quote user="carl"]on eurostar you have to show the passport twice first uk, then french customs over here?   yes?[/quote]Is that a question or a statement ?

Never travelled Eurostar but can't see the point of a double check. Anybody else had experience ?

Archived