Complete France Forum

Faux filet

SaligoBay

Someone mentioned this the other day, so when I saw them in Ed this morning I thought I'd try them, see how the other half live and all that

One cookbook, which claims to be "1000 recettes pour tous les jours" ha ha ha, has a recipe called..... filet de boeuf aux clitocybes nbuleux en habit vert. Suits you, sir.

My other French cookbook, La Bonne Cuisine Franaise, offers Faux Filet aux Olives, but I don't want to go out again to buy a barde of lard and a load of olives.

So what else can I do with these false fillets? It has to be good enough to impress a man who cycles home from work along the very road that Lance Armstrong whizzed by on at the weekend.

Thank you,

Faux filet is sirloin, that's my lot on that.

Now then SB, I have to say that this posting will upset those that cannot parlee Francay and may well put new people off posting.

I could just about make out what you were on about, I think, as I recognised a few words; olives, ha ha ha (is that one or 3 words?)jours, French and thought I recognised a few more but you will really have to remember, we are not all as owfay as what you is, with speaking French. You, you you ......show off!!

Bon appetit, now that does pose a quandary, what is that in English, Good appetite, jer pance pah (getting there, another 20 years and I will be able to post like what you does!

Miki

what did you do with them and were they appreciated?