Complete France Forum

Honey Nut Cornflakes

Teamedup

I'll try to remember to have a look for you tomorrow, but if the chocolates are half price and plentiful I may forget. I've seen Ready Brek if that's any help. (24)

At one time I could buy ready brek here, and then it stopped, that was several years ago.

I have been buying honey nut cornflakes for several years, I think that they are called Frosties au miel et cacouettes. I love 'em. And at the moment I can't find them anywhere. I am really disappointed.

I don't eat them for breakfast but like them anytime really.

Mmm brought back memories, I used to love them ! Probably wouldn`t buy them if I saw them though...too tempting

I also love `breakfast cereal ` for a pudding, the girls at work would think me mad when I told them I eat them instead of chocolate or biscuits .

I havn't been able to buy HNC since beg of last year so we have to do with Frosties Nuts instead but only available from LeClerc up here. I used to buy two boxes per week of the HNC as we love them so much. Never seen ReadyBrek or Shreddies in France but love the Jordans Crunchy cereals especially Walnut and Pecan nuts even if my choppers and waistline don't.

cheerios are also by nestle...these also cannot be bought in france, not long after we moved here and our stash was running low I e-mailed the company, aparently they are not allowed to sell them In France...only Honey cheerios(yellow box) So we stock up on shreadies, Cheerios and Bran flakes(yes I know verions of these are available here...but not the same) when one of us visits UK or have friends visiting.Mrs O

Strange Opas because we have been eating Cheerios in France for the last four years or more now and these are the red cartons, I've got one inthe cupboard currently. I reckon its one of the departmental thingys again where they get the wind up about dodgy food and stop selling it.Have you noticed too with boxes of chocolates,that you never see them except for a few firmly established ones like Mon Cherie until Xmas comes round?

No honey nut cornflakes here so far, I'll keep looking... was amazed at the enormous apparent variety of products on the shelves but not tempted by any of them... chocolates were 2 for 1 and good till the end of May, that pleased me, I appreciate them much more for not having them most of the year.

I am really happy to say that after all this time they had a lot in Carrefour yesterday. In fact Carrefour had a lot of things in yesterday that they haven't had in for a while. Maybe they just run some stock down before christmas. What ever the reason, I was delighted to get my cereals again.

And those chococlates, there were a few boxes on sale, but only 30% reduction. Normally there are a lot and they are reduced by 50%. Obviously this year they had not overstocked, or ofcourse people bought more over the holidays.

Just to upset you TU I often work for a well known Belgian chocolate firm and they sell their products all made with fresh cream at 27,50€/kilo. We've just finished two kilos at home here that they gave us at xmas free and when I go back again in a few weeks it will be eat as many as I want again. After those I don't care for other makes any more except Roses.

Val..re Cheerios, there are two varieties, the ones sold here are with honey, the variety that cannot be bought here are in a white box and are corn,oats,rice and wheat, as I mentioned before,I e-mailed Nestle and they confirmed that the latter variety is not available in France. Mrs o

Hi Opas. sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick again with the colour of the boxes. Weird goings-on here sometimes where food is concerned don't you think? Frosties Nuts are getting scarcer to find as well as only LeClerc seem to do them and no one else round here.

They don't sell them in the Intermarché I visited this week, but they did have Ready Brek in the British section, and Hobnobs which I think someone was after a while ago.

Archived