Complete France Forum

Mayenne - Fancy a decent chinese?

Punch

Anyone in the Mayenne (53) region (centre ville) will be pleased to know of the very good new Chinese restaurant which has recently opened. Les "Delices de Chine" as it is called has an excellent ambience, a very good menu, and a self service Lunchtime and evening buffet for the incredible price of 11.80 euros a head or 13.80 at the weekend. I've been three times in the last couple of months and have had excellent service and food on all occasions. I particularly like their wide choice of spicy dishes which makes a nice change (the hottest you will usually get in a French "resto" here is a chirozo sausage!) . I would particularly recommend the Coquilles St Jaques à la sauce piquante

Much better than the smaller Vietnamise one by the Abbey, and more choice, They also do takeaway at the new one !!

Bon appetit, book early if going on a Saturday,

Paul

How long from Saint Malo Paul !!

That is a good deal, the Chinese restos around here are quite expensive and a bit bland to be honest.

You don't travel this far out do you Paul ? We have a very large job that a friend needs doing over the next year or so. 4 large houses, all in a row, no electric on at the moment but temp supply from wonderful neighbours (Ex Mayor and an old client of ours). Job going well but as much as I try, he is insisiting on working with someone who speaks some English !! Not arguing, as it saves me taking a drive over to him everytime he needs some translation done !!

Thank you Paul, not far from us. We've been to the other Chinese you mentioned in Mayenne and found it good by French Chinese standards, so if this one is better... We were in Mayenne last month though and didn't notice it, is it actually in the town centre?

Miki, it's about 2 hours drive, so the take- away may need shoving in the mico onde for a while

But why not come down on a Sunday and discover the town of Mayenne, have the Sunday Lunch buffet and visit the chateau or walk along the River Mayenne . I could be your tour guide for the simple cost of a "langouste aux gingembre et ciboulette sur plaque chauffant"

Regarding the second question, I've done my fair bit of travelling in the past and spent too much time away from the family, so although very tempting to have a "seaside" job, I'd have to decline. I only work a maximum of one hour drive away from me these days, and besides with my additional costs for my employees travel and lodging, would be cost prohibitive.

Bill, this new resto is more in the style of the UK type of open plan spacious room. Athough the other one in Mayenne was reasonable, I always found I came out hungry afterwards. The concept of being able to go up and get more if you are still hungry is for me, far better. Although not dead centre ville, it is situated on the main N12 which passes through Mayenne, if you are travelling along the N12 with the large hyper U supermarket  and river Mayenne on your left, you will eventually get to it on a main junction mini roundabout, surrounded by shops and such like. Address is 2 rue Réaumur. tel 02 43 08 96 87

[quote]Miki, it's about 2 hours drive, so the take- away may need shoving in the mico onde for a while But why not come down on a Sunday and discover the town of Mayenne, have the Sunday Lunch buffet and ...[/quote]

Paul,

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was a bit far for you to travel but if you don't ask etc !

It would be nice to see Mayenne, we do have friends who live around there but we have lost touch in the last 6/7 years. We would love to take up your offer but with the spring arriving and still plenty to do I feel two hours there, a Paul tour then the Chinese and two hours back, it might prove too much but thanks again for the offer.

Just a thought..................I don't suppose they do a take away ! Thought not, a bit far

Archived